Wool and Water

"How can she knit with so many?" the puzzled child thought to herself. "She gets more and more like a porcupine every minute!"

My Photo
Name:

hmmm ... maybe the truth will be uncovered here, or maybe not?

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Moving along .... slowly


Sometimes I amaze myself - I've reached row 32 of the WRS and nothing horrible has happened - no dropped stitches, no cat atrocities, no major errors (see note to self from yesterday). Maybe the Knitting gods are waiting until there are at least 300 rows, and then they will let loose with four dropped stitches that run down all the way to the waste wool ...

These pictures prolly don't look like much yet, but they at least indicate that there is a pattern to this scrunched up bit of silk, and it is increasing somewhat in size - and this is progress!

I did a few rows on the Rosebud, but it seems dull - after working with the silk, the yarn feels hairy and thick, and the pattern too simple. The Opal socks and the Rosebud were supposed to projects to enjoy when I needed to rest from the intense concentration of the WRS and instead it's turning out I need to wrench myself away from the WRS to make any progress on the others.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lorri said...

Your WRS looks beautiful so far. I am so envious but I am not ready to attempt such a project yet. I will be following your progress and plan to live vicariously through you. Good luck!

4:08 PM, March 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I say this already? My God you go on and on.. how many thing will your knit at one time? (my last comment may not have made it so I am trying again) You should have done a blog yrs ago. I like reading it and you know I could care less about knitting.. well execpt you give me kewl stuff when your done. So who is the enemy? The poor little kitty?

11:19 PM, March 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home