Wool and Water

"How can she knit with so many?" the puzzled child thought to herself. "She gets more and more like a porcupine every minute!"

My Photo
Name:

hmmm ... maybe the truth will be uncovered here, or maybe not?

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New Beginnings: Part 2

Here's a picture of the Wedding Ring Shawl at row 11. You can get some idea of how thin it is when compared to the yarn used for markers and waste wool - the waste wool is size 10 crochet cotten and the markers I'm using are little scraps of the lavender cobweb. And yes, I am insane ... but the silk is so shiny and silky ... The needles are 2.25 mm Inox.


So as not to hurt its feelings, this is the Opal Petticoat sock - this yarn seems so fat - I've never used Opal before - but it's prolly just going from the silk to sock yarn that makes it pale in comparison. The colors are pretty and very spring-like, which is what I need right now ( and they should go quickly so I can wear them and get to the Regia Silk). And they are just the right thing to knit while watching Boston Legal ... so I'll go do that right now!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home