Wool and Water

"How can she knit with so many?" the puzzled child thought to herself. "She gets more and more like a porcupine every minute!"

My Photo
Name:

hmmm ... maybe the truth will be uncovered here, or maybe not?

Monday, March 20, 2006

Fire

Last night I was awoken out of a sound sleep by someone pounding on my front door - at first I thought it was just someone with the wrong apt, but when I realized it was barely 4 am, and had almost fallen asleep again - I thought perhaps I should check it out, and besides I heard voices outside, pounding on more doors, and someone shouting, Evacuate! (It's amazing I didn't just fall back to sleep;I could sleep through anything). As I peeked through the curtain, I saw a bright orange glow - the apartment complex down the street was on fire due to a lightening strike. It was a bit scary to watch how fast the fire spread along the rooftop, unimpeded by the efforts of the firefighters. It was even more frightening to see the wind change direction and start to blow toward us, dumping ashes and live cinders - but the firefighter quickly doused the two closest buildings of our complex with water, and it began to drizzle a bit, too. It was almost six hours later that the last fire truck left and it was finally over, leaving not much more than a shell of a building ...


Thankfully, no one was injured, and it was confined to only this one complex, but I feel so badly for all those people who lost everything ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home