Wool and Water

"How can she knit with so many?" the puzzled child thought to herself. "She gets more and more like a porcupine every minute!"

My Photo
Name:

hmmm ... maybe the truth will be uncovered here, or maybe not?

Thursday, March 16, 2006

A Picture is worth ...


HWSNBN has informed me blogs need Pictures - and I replied digital cameras need Batteries - having purchased the requisite batteries I will post pictures of all things knitted before they go into isolation. I thought I would start with HWSNBN's socks, so at least he can see what they look like since I've been so slow about getting to the post office (with my Gemini gift of distorting language or perhaps it is my Irish gift of Blarney, I think I've convinced him that wool socks have such remarkable insulating properties that they will cool your feet in summer as well as keeping them warm in winter - thus giving me more room for procrastination!)

These were such fun to knit - they are done in Regia Silk - the color is Prato. The colors don't show up well in the picture - they are richer than they appear. The color stripes actually pair up the same on both socks - this isn't due to compulsive fiddling on my part - I really don't have patience for that sort of thing - but it is nice that they look like I did ...

I'll post more historical pictures along with the Rosebud progress and the Wedding Ring swatch as soon as I figure out how to place pictures better ...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home