Wool and Water

"How can she knit with so many?" the puzzled child thought to herself. "She gets more and more like a porcupine every minute!"

My Photo
Name:

hmmm ... maybe the truth will be uncovered here, or maybe not?

Friday, March 24, 2006

Old Things



Up to row 22 on the WRS - but no point in taking any pictures yet, it doesn't look like much at this point. The silk is getting a bit easier to work with, the baby powder really helps move the stitches along, but dropping a stitch or making an error takes a great deal of time to fix, so I'll give those up as much as possible, adn go very slowly.

Since I don't have any pictures of new things, I'll use old stuff. This is the first shawl I ever made - I think it's called the Bell shawl and I found the pattern somewhere online ( actually I found it here: http://www.knitlist.com/96gift/giftbellshawl.htm). It's ma
de of leftover yarn - Naturespun sport, I think. It's very well used - for curling up on the sofa, getting the mail, as a pillow, it pills a bit, but I still love it ...


This one is the Kerry Blue Shawl, my second attempt, in apricot Zephyr, that I made about 3 years ago for my son's wedding. The pattern is from Martha Waterman's Tradtional Knitted Lace Shawls. This is the project that made me fall in love with Zephyr.


I got tired of uploading shawls - so here's a sweater - done in Naturespun sport,the pattern is from Starmore's Fisherman Knits, Mystic. I love the pattern, but I wish I had done it in a better yarn, something that gave better stitch definition.

Enough old things for one night ... I'll go knit on the new socks.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home