Wool and Water

"How can she knit with so many?" the puzzled child thought to herself. "She gets more and more like a porcupine every minute!"

My Photo
Name:

hmmm ... maybe the truth will be uncovered here, or maybe not?

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Bedspread


I've been planning to do a bedspread for like 50 years - ever since I learned to crochet - it's about time I do one!

This time I plan to finish it - one square a day for about a year or so should finish it - it will take about 400 squares. I've decided on the Wild Irish Rose from Favorite Irish Crochet Designs by Rita Weiss. Using a 1.65mm hook and Aunt Lydia's size 10 in natural. I'm shortcutting the pattern on here because it's easier to read on the screen while I Netflix ...

Chain 15 make ring
Chain 1, 24 single in ring, sl in sc
Rnd 2 Chain 1, sc in same space as sl stitch, ch 5, sk 2 sc, sc in next sc
Rnd 3 sc, hdc, 5 dc, hdc, sc in each loop, sl to first sc
Rnd 4 Ch 5 , sc between next 2 petals
Rnd 5 sc, hdc, 7dc, hdc, sc
Rnd 6 ch 7, sc between petals
Rnd 7 sc, hdc, 9 dc, hdc, sc
Rnd 8 ch 5 - in petal center make dc, ch5, dc
ch 5, sc between petals,
picot, sc in center of next petal, picot, sc between petals
Rnd 9 sl to loop, sc, hdc, 9 dc, hdc, sc in loop, sc in next loop
picot, sc between next two picots, ch 7 sc in next loop between picots, picot sc in next loop

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home