Wool and Water

"How can she knit with so many?" the puzzled child thought to herself. "She gets more and more like a porcupine every minute!"

My Photo
Name:

hmmm ... maybe the truth will be uncovered here, or maybe not?

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

...Row 115

Not much to say - I just want to keep track of my progress - as meager as it may be - at least I am into the lace knitting part - and done with the knitted lace part!

Ok, someone wanted to know which is knitted lace and which is lace knitting - I never remember myself - so here it is - more to remind me than to inform, since I am often asked and never know the answer ...

True knitted lace has pattern stitches on both the right and wrong sides; knitting with pattern stitches on only one side of the fabric, so that holes are separated by at least two threads, is technically not lace, but often called "lacy knitting". (well, it's most often called "lace knitting" - at least in all the books I've read)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lace_knitting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home