Wool and Water

"How can she knit with so many?" the puzzled child thought to herself. "She gets more and more like a porcupine every minute!"

My Photo
Name:

hmmm ... maybe the truth will be uncovered here, or maybe not?

Friday, June 26, 2009

Cast On, Cast off




It must be something in the weather? Knitted up some dish towels - because I needed dish towels and I wanted to get rid of all that leftover cotton ... The lilac one was much quicker to knit, as it was done on size 10 needles and didn't hurt as much as the green one. But I like the green fabric better ...

Cast on the pillow - but didn't get any further because Michael was busy watching a movie and the pattern was on the computer ... It is a pattern from knitpicks, practice before I cast on the Abalone.

So, of course I cast on a sock so I wouldn't get bored - it's the yarn from Knitpicks - Felici Cochineal. It feels weird, much thinner than Regia, and knits much faster and looser - doing a 3x1 rib, with 68 cast on ( did 68 because I wasn't sure of the gauge, and figured it was a compromise and would fit someone ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home